Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Scenic Dunnsmouth is now available!


Scenic Dunnsmouth is a re-playable adventure set in a time forgotten swamp filled with secretive, backwoods xenophobes with a dark secret.  Or maybe they don't have a dark secret and it is all in your paranoid imagination.  Or maybe there is a serial killer on the loose who simple THINKS there is a dark secret.  Or maybe there is serial killer and a dark secret.  There also might be a witch, and maybe a mausoleum.   There might be a lot of things,  but what is the deal with the cube?

Scenic Dunnsmouth is an adventure that is randomly generated before play using dice and a deck of cards.  It naturally builds its own intertwining elements and hooks.  This is an adventure you can slap into every campaign you run, even with the same groups of players.  If anything it gets more hilarious and more tense the more the same group plays it.

So go get a copy now to see some of the gorgeous art Jez Gordon has filled this sucker with.


Michael Curtis, author of Stonehell Dungeon and of  the Society of Torch, Pole and Rope blog had this to say after a play test:

"I had a tremendous amount of fun during my ill-fated sojourn to Scenic Dunnsmouth. It's a cunning bait-and-switch of an adventure and fellow travelers should heed my warning: Whatever you think is going on, you're wrong."

Evan from the blog "In Places Deep" (or as he prefers it to be called as often as you can In Deep Places) had the following to say:
"It has [Spoilers!]"

..thanks Evan.

Greg Backus of TrollZine and Quiet day in Heimdall says:

The first time I was genuinely frightened in a RPG session. It was the first time that I actually thought that the best thing I could do for my character was to just high-tail it out of there and not look back (I mean this as a compliment, BTW)

Still not satisfied?  How about some quotes from people you don't know and probably never will?

Totally didn't give one player nightmares  - Ryan
I wanted to rinse my uterus with bleach pretty much immediately - Mel
A good time that will haunt your nightmares - Josh
Surreal, creepy, disturbing - Gerry


Wow?  Look at those comments from people who are barely above anonymous!

1 comment:

  1. I found the plot insidious and hilarious at the same time. I used my PC in FS games on G+ and the inside information was such a hoot. What a great technique for spreading your mythos. :D

    ReplyDelete