Continuing my compilation of seed charts..
To use, roll a d8, d6 and d4. Know the total result, and the result of each die. Unless specifically told to roll a die, you should only have 1 die roll.
Terrain: The River of Discontent (A river through the wilderness, from mountain town to coastal city)
Travel Speed: 14 or 3 per week
1. A wide and shallow portion of the river
2. A fording point
4. A slow and lazy bend in the river
5. The banks are heavily forested
6. The banks are covered with large boulders and steep rocky cliffs.
7. The river is wide but of unknown depth
8. A fast moving straight
1. Nothing (odd) or rangers (d4x2)
2. Other vessels moving the opposite direction (d4-1)
4. Crazed Goatmen (Total#) on odd, or a pack of bandits (d8x2) operating a toll
6. Vicious Monsters (1: A Grizzly Bear, 2-6: d4 trolls, 7-8 giant undead eel)
1. Storms and Poor Weather (-d8 to speed)
2. An abandoned/sacked camp
4. A collapsed series of stone cottages (d8) dots the immediate shoreline
Triples (in addition to other results)
1. The dragon is hunting the river for treasure to steal
2. The other vessel is beached and sacked. The bodies are missing as is any gold, food and supplies are left behind.
3. A bunch of escaped logs, freed from some lumber camp, are rolling down river.
4. The bandits have errected a wicker and earthen fort with a simple tower. The toll is 2/3rds of your cargo and wealth.
Dubs (in addition to other results)
5. Children singing can be heard in the woods, investigating will reveal the giant singing centipede trying to lure prey
6. Triple the amount of trolls
Max (in addition to other results)
18: The witch Svaerlinda (lvl 6) is present, in control of the eel, along with 4 level 2 Viking zombies, fully armed and armoured. Knows "Dragonsbreath", "Morning Fog" and "Undo the Toil of Skalds", also has 200 piety.