Continuing my compilation of seed charts (now that these ones are no longer used in my home game)..
To use, roll a d8, d6 and d4. Know the total result, and the result of each die. Unless specifically told to roll a die, you should only have 1 die roll.
Terrain: The Ghost Coast (Haunted Shoreline)
Travel Speed: 7 per week
1. Pebble beach, littered with driftwood. Very open.
2. Sandy Beach. Rolling dunes and scrub.
3. Cliffs and bluffs, cave on 9+
4. Ruined coastal village and crumbling docks
5. Dangerous rocks just out to sea, else as 1.
6. Pebble beach, littered with boulders. Lighthouse on 14+ (in ruins on 1-2 on d4)
7. d6 result is used for 'Where'.
8. Small island just offshore on 16+, else as 2.
1. Total# of Skeletal mariners just offshore. Raid beach at night to drag victims under.
3. Ghouls (d8xd4) on even, Total# of cultists to sea deity/demon on odd and 9+
4. Fishermen on 12+ (d8+d4)
5. Nothing on even, d8x3 bandits on odd (crude weapons, light shields, d4 captives)
6. Horrific Sea Beast (size mod = d8+d4) as soon as water becomes deep
1. Dense fog all morning, blocks sun.
2. Shipwreck (very old) on 13+
3. Nothing on even, washed ashore sea beast (as 6) on 14+. If 6, the beast as laid eggs.
4. High Winds
Triples (in addition to other results)
1. Sea elf necromancer, lvl 4, 3 spells (random) + "Open the doors to Davy Jones Locker" (raise undead)
2. Fort full of untouched treasure, magically contaminated to a dangerous level, some weapons
3. Massive Underground Temple, 20 extra guards (each heavily armed and armoured)
4. Small village, 3 craftsmen + 40 people lead by a despot/king with a disorganized religion
Dubs (in addition to other results)
5. A large herd of wild goats (hundreds)
6. Level d4 wizard lives on beach (in shack if no lighthouse). Has d4 cumulative random spells.
Max (in addition to other results)
18: Island has sheltered community of several dozen, use the d4 for the chart before, but re-roll it if the result has come up before.
I - An outpost of sub-human cannibals in a rigid hierarchical theocracy
II - A charming and idyllic (looking) gnome community
III - A wistful community of elves busy dreaming of another time
IV - A human community from the previous era who survived the cataclysm who stick strongly to the old ways (think Roman republicans in the 9th century)