Continuing my compilation of seed charts..
To use, roll a d8, d6 and d4. Know the total result, and the result of each die. Unless specifically told to roll a die, you should only have 1 die roll.
Terrain: The Barrens (Isolated shield wilderness)
Travel Speed: 2 per week
1. Spacious white pine forest, the ground is damp and rotting.
2. Junipers and other small shrubs among discarded boulders resting on visible bedrock with patches of grass.
3. A reed covered marsh with worn bedrock cliffs for most of the shores. Easy ford available on 8+
4. A lake surrounded by stray boulders and white pine
5. Small rolling hills covered with mazes of low juniper bushes
6. A dense cedar forest, the ground is covered with tinder. 800+ year old ruins of cobblestone houses on 10+
7. A damp and crowded cave full of slick mud and treacherous depths in a cliff face.
8. As six result, but with a crumbling stone fortress as well on a 16+
1. Hungry wolves prowl the area (d8+d4)
3. d4 Raccoons will attempt to rob the parties supplies if they camp without dogs
4. Woodwose hunters (d8+d4)
5. Woodwose village (20 + 3x Total# occupants)
6. d4 Woodwose priests + d8 Woodwose followers/guards
1. Heavy rain falls turn soil to thick mud
2. A wooden shrine (consecrated) is surrounded by animal bones. An ash filled fire pit is full of smooth coloured stones.
3. A set of standing stones around a stone slab, overgrown with moss and lichen. Signs of use and consecration on 9+)
4. Vultures circle over head.
Triples (in addition to other results)
1. The wolves are lead by the legendary silver wolf (Level 7 warrior, priest, priest)
2. The fire pit is still burning, the smell of burning meat is present. 3 woodwose hearts are in the fire. An ethereal demon haunts the area (Int. 6, Social 6, Spirit 20, knows cantrip to polish stones, 10 piety)
3. The blood golem is within 100 feet and will hunt any unfaithful, striking when least expected.
4. A recently killed woolly rhinoceros lies dead at the lake edge, soaked thoroughly.
Dubs (in addition to other results)
5. A simple wicker fence surrounds the village. A level 3 warrior chief rules the village.
6. 4 additional woodwose are held prisoner in pits. The head priest is level 2 with 200 piety.
Max (in addition to other results)
18: The castle is inhabited by a withered sorcerer lich, possibly once a woodwose or other large creature. Served by the priests and guards as well as a size modifier 4 giant bat that appears to be formed from snow and ice. The bat can breath frost in a cone (up to power level 3, 30 mana). The lich has 3 random spell books in tattered and bloodstained condition, as well as a crude lab full of dried herbs, bits of animals and stone tools.