Friday, February 24, 2012

20 questions

Joining in one of my Monday night games?  Here are the twenty questions.


Ability scores generation method? -  Schrodinger's character.  Or just lie to me.

How are death and dying handled? - When you are out of luck/hp, you take damage that stacks and causes penalties.  When it equals half your strength you are bleeding out and when it equals your strength you are dead.  Expect months of healing at this point.

What about raising the dead?
  You are usually S.O.L,  unless you have a cleric PC or are willing to bargain with a cult

How are replacement PCs handled? Schrodinger's Character, start play immediately.

Initiative: individual, group, or something else? Individual

Are there critical hits and fumbles? How do they work? 
1 is a fumble,  20 or a high success is a crit.  Crits are double damage. Fumbles you choose to go prone, be disarmed or give your opponent a free non-weapon attack.

Do I get any benefits for wearing a helmet? makes it much harder to crit you

Can I hurt my friends if I fire into melee or do something similarly silly? Fire into melee? probably not, do something silly?  of course.

Will we need to run from some encounters, or will we be able to kill everything? 
Run, or sneak or parlay.

Level-draining monsters: yes or no?
 No
Are there going to be cases where a failed save results in PC death? not directly (ie no save or die) but you might take (save of 30 damage) which is often the same result.

How strictly are encumbrance & resources tracked? The dot system is used.

What's required when my PC gains a level? Training? Do I get new spells automatically? Can it happen in the middle of an adventure, or do I have to wait for down time?
End of session,  MU must find spells.  None are ever free (After char creation)

What do I get experience for?
In descending order: Exploration, Traps, Capturing Villains(Heroes), Travelling, Killing Monsters, Killing Villains(Heroes), Chasing off Minion, Killing Minions.

How are traps located? Description, dice rolling, or some combination?
Description.  "Detect Traps" works like a saving throw before you set off the trap, to find it you have to describe it.

Are retainers encouraged and how does morale work? - yes, morale I am still fiddling with.

How do I identify magic items? Try and find a potent wizard to identify it, or disassemble it and tell you what it was.

Can I buy magic items? Oh, come on: how about just potions? - Does a holy symbol count?

Can I create magic items? When and how? Yes,  sometimes it occurs naturally even!
What about splitting the party? - go for it

No comments:

Post a Comment