Here is a sample seed chart I use in games, I am compiling a list of those I use (slowly).
To use, roll a d8, d6 and d4. Know the total result, and the result of each die. Unless specifically told to roll a die, you should only have 1 die roll.
Terrain: Deep Mountains (Lightly Forested)
Travel Speed: 1 per week
1. Pine Forest with a steep slope.
2. Rocky detritus from the collapse a cliff further up the steep slope. Some shrubs sprout as well.
3. Cliff face: 20+total feet in height. PC's at base on odd and top on even.
4. Route to summit, if the PC's go up the summit they see surrounding area (hexes) else avoid encounter
5. Long abandoned and collapsing log cabins (d4)
6. Pine Forest with a gentle slope.
7. Mountain streams bubble down a rocky slope with a few large trees. Flowers everywhere.
8. d4 = (1: Path Found! +1 speed (use d6 for terrain), 2: impassable drop/chasm, backtrack required (use d6 for terrain). 3: cliff face as 3, 4: pine forest and overgrown town)
1. Total x d4 fast zombies
3. Wild Game (1: Bear, 2: d8 wolves, 3: d8x2 goats, 4: d8/2 deer)
4. Total # of sentient beings (1: hillfolk, 2: Froglins, 3: hillfolk, 4: Adventurers)
5. d4: (1-3 = nothing, 4 = d8 ghosts)
6. Single settlement (1: hillfolk, 2: hillfolk, 3: prospectors, 4: all dead)
1. Dangerous levels of magical energy in immediate area on 12+
2. Poor Weather on odd, Pleasant weather on even.
3. Wooden Totem
Triples (in addition to other results)
1. Not fast moving zombies but cultist zombies. Dark shrine and a cultist priest.
2. Oh no! Its a rock fall!
3. A Faerie noble and retinue is in the area.
4. There is a fortress (either repaired ruins or wooden palisade, hall and watchtowers.)
Dubs (in addition to other results)
5. A black coach is present on a full moon, until then anyone murdered will rise on their own for revenge.
6. Settlement is a level d4x2 hermit guarding a magic relic on a 3 or 4, or a level 3 witch/druid on a 1 or 2.
Max (in addition to other results)
18: Habitable valley is found, lush and uninhabited. If this result has come up before, re-roll the d4. If Path is found, it is the only way in or out.
Cthulhu Fhtagn! Cruz Edition.
5 hours ago