Monday, December 26, 2011

Neoclassical Geek Revival



Neoclassical Geek Revival is the greatest RPG ever..written by me and produced in hardcover.


From the Foreword:
Foreword
Hello reader, and welcome to Neoclassical Geek Revival (NGR). NGR is a fantasy heartbreaker RPG; it does what you would expect out of a traditional fantasy role-playing game. While NGR will work as a complete game I have no doubt it will rarely be played as such; This game is designed expecting that you will most likely see things in this game you would like to remove and plug into your own game rather than playing it whole cloth.
This game is designed to simulate low magic fantasy, but most mechanics are equally at home in a science fiction, action or post-apocalyptic game. The rules are designed to be as setting neutral as possible while solving commonly held gripes and bad tropes. In the writing of this game I used the following as guiding principles:
 1.) Funny dice are fun on their own merits
2.) Choices to make are better than problems to solve
3.) You are already familiar with role playing games
4.) You are not looking for gritty realism, but do enjoy the presence of the ‘fourth wall’
5.) Gaming is meant to be entertainment

  Fantastic Reviews!

This is possibly the best FRP I've read in decades, as much for what it simplifies as for what it enhances.

When playing the game quite a few things stand out to me as brilliant

I love the look of the book and the feel of the paper. 

My opinion? Neoclassic Geek Revival is WIN! Buy a copy! 


Overall rating: 9½ out of 10 stars. 

[you] could definitely find worse ways to spend your money

Its a Podcast!

Does that sound awesome?  If you want a copy, here is how! 

 A physical hard cover:   If you are interested in a physical copy of Neoclassical Geek Revival email my gmail account (Liberinterdico).  The book is printed on linen paper, and hard bound with a silk ribbon and gold stamping. When there is sufficient interest expressed, I will then make an additional printing. I am currently down to my book in my third printing and expect them to be gone before you read this.  The materials cost usually rounds off to about $30 CDN plus shipping. 

A PDF version:  Neoclassical Geek Revival is on sale with RPGNOW for a couple bucks CDN.  

  BUY IT NOW!  

Or 


Just shoot me an email and ask for a copy. If you are willing to agree to

1.) Not redistribute it, 
2.) Not make a physical copy of it and most importantly 
3.) Provide feedback on the game,  I can email you a PDF copy.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Zaarchov, eternal lurker on your blog here.
    Is there still a chance of getting a PDF of NGR??

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tedankhamen,

    Absolutely, just fire me an email, liberinterdico from google's mail service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, just stumbled upon you game. Do you still have a hardcover to sell? How much will shipping to germany cost?
    Thanks
    Kristian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello KristianH,

    I am doing this years print run soon, you have a couple more days to get an order in, please sent me an email (Liberinterdico with google's mail provider) and I will give you the details.

    ReplyDelete