Saturday, March 13, 2010

Adding fluffed topping to a hard crunchy core

Well the Piecemeal 1e beta is about ready to go out in the next week or so, primarily just adding fluff and helpful tools at this point (experience calculators etc). This brings me to my current topic, how much does setting really matter in a game setting? I often hear that indie RPG's live or die on their setting, but is that something in terms of actual play or mere downloads?

I too like systems with intricate fluff and background, but honestly? I don't play the system I just read and scoop the background. What about you fine readers?

1 comment:

  1. "I too like systems with intricate fluff and background, but honestly? I don't play the system I just read and scoop the background. What about you fine readers?"

    I don't understand what you have asked.

    If you meant, do I want to see your Setting added into the mix, with your world's rationales affecting rules concerns and having planetary circumstances built directly into charts: Only if this isn't being bolted on as an afterthought.

    If the setting isn't integral to the system, then, no, please.
    --If it is, why haven't we heard about it before now?

    :)

    ReplyDelete