Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Artwork

You may notice Im a fan of public domain artwork. There are a couple of reasons for this, 1.) I love the "romantic realism" present in alot of the artwork, much more so than alot of modern "dungeon punk" (not that that style of artwork doesn't have its own merits, it exists for a reason) 2.) Its Free 3.) Gustave Dore is probably my all time favourite fantasy artist and 4.) When you start a project you need to be willing and able to complete all aspects of it. Thus I could do my own art, spend money on art (no) or use the public domain. I did dabble in the idea of doing my own art however, so below is an ill fated old sketch, my attempt at that (touched up to remove a phone number I later scribbled on it, as well as a coffee ring)





I call it "Whispers in the Dark"

I think I made the right choice.

1 comment:

  1. I love your subtle use of Chiaroscuro in this piece. :)

    ReplyDelete