Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Inspiration from unexpected places

So I was running through a game of adventuring party when I noticed some poker dice on my shelf. I had bought them from a dollar store because..I like dice.

Now don't get me wrong I still believe in making the game use 6-sided dice, but I noticed the dice mechanics don't specify actual numbers, just that higher is better...everyone knows playing card rankings..(9,10,J,Q,K,A)...

Bam, big hit and instant awesome to play using poker dice.

So when I package up a starter kit..it will definitely be the "fancy" print out with some poker dice. As I say, the play area is important...you can't spell funny dice without fun.

3 comments:

  1. What about the Doubling-die from Backgammon? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. No reason it couldn't, though I did think later that it may require some thought when it came to 'running', but minor things :P

    It was fun to hear someone cry out "ha! beat cowboys!"

    ReplyDelete